Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Very Entertaining Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizza pies

Oh Pluto, I miss you.

Four years ago today, the International Astronomical Union redefined the term "planet", and consequently booted Pluto out of the Solar System. Now it's been demoted to a humble "dwarf planet". Poor Pluto.

School children around the English-speaking world revolted! How could they accept this new view of the Solar System, one devoid of delicious pizza pies? Clearly they needed a new mnemonic to commit the order of planets to memory. What did they come up with?

My Very Entertaining Mother Just Served Us Nachos



It doesn't have the same ring to it, does it....



Last night I devoured a swiss brown mushroom laden pizza at Good Life in Pluto's honour.


4 comments:

  1. Ohoho, nice pun :)

    And I'll use this as an opportunity to shamelessly plug my blogpost on the subject (and you'll use it as an opportunity to keep on reading French texts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! Enjoyed it muchly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comment. I poured my soul into this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great post! Very nicely written. Blog more!

    ReplyDelete