A lovely way to bookend my year abroad (remember how I taught in Bordeaux?) and see some friends and sights.
I thought I'd collect some happy little snippets from around town.
- The Metro station Bonne Nouvelle (lines 8, 9) and its jaunty Hollywood-style sign
|It's Good News Week! Photo credit|
- Donut peaches. In fact, France's produce in general is cheap and good. I heard from a friend that it is the only country in the EU that is self-sustaining agriculturally (whatever that means)
- Finding an extra 50€ in my wallet that I'd forgotten about - spent on important things at EuroDisney
- The copper depths of Metro station Arts et Métiers (lines 3, 11), inspired by Jules Verne's writings and designed like the interior of a submarine. Did you know I went to his house? We didn't have a coffee.
- An ad campaign to boost bread consumption in the country of carbs: "Coucou, tu as pris le pain?"
Lovely! Thanks Paris!
More lovely things here.