Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Higher Education

Friends, it has been a really long time since I used my brain powers (for good, not evil). I think I can feel my grey matter turning... grey. Not good!

In an effort to tune back in to the "real world", and prepare myself for an inevitable return (sigh.) I thought I'd look into some learning. Why not take a TEFL course when back in Australia? (for those playing at home, Teaching English as a Foreign Language)


More immediately, and realistically, I have been getting into courses through iTunes University. Astronomy? Yes please! The Science of Happiness? Sure! Calculus refresher? How refreshing!

I'm hoping that downloading these courses - and actually doing them - will stem my inevitable decline...


Have you tried any online learning? Any recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. Bunch of pretty serious free courses: https://www.coursera.org/
    This also seems cool (I just started brushing up on my linear algebra): www.khanacademy.org
    Nice little intro courses in programming: www.codecademy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the top tips, coding and linear algebra friend! Smart cookie.

      Delete
  2. I really like Coursera, I've taken a couple of courses on there now - currently taking Animal Behaviour with the University of Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how this course goes for you.

      Delete