Friday, June 14, 2013

Fading Heart

I've been wearing a red, plastic heart ring on my left hand for... at least two years now. A daily reminder to love myself, and those around me.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

But the other day I noticed something.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My heart, it's fading. I guess exposure to the elements will do that (and perhaps if we had more sunshine in Europe over winter and spring this would've happened sooner).

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

It's doing this on-trend ombre thing.

Got me thinking about colour perception though, when a dorm mate commented that my ring looked more pink than red. I wear so much red (even more so when travelling, perhaps, so that everything in my pack matches). What if my red, the colour of love, doesn't appear as intense to others? What if it appears as something else entirely.... as orange?!

No comments:

Post a Comment