Friday, June 14, 2013

A day in the life (on the go)

Last week I gave you a brief look at what a day's travel might (sometimes) look like.

 I thought I might also do a photographic version (not easy when working off an iPad but I do it all for you).


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Delicious German breakfast at my couchsurfing host's house. Great way to start the day!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Look at my handsome green bus.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I bought some cashews from "the best nut shop in Dortmund" before my bus ride. Yum!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Weird model dinosaurs in a dust bowl out my bus window.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Arrived safe in Cologne, schlepped up a hill with my pack, and found the right tram to get me into town.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Pretty metro stop!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Unpacking in the hostel. I discovered just how much red (and polka dots) I'm carrying with me.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Time to do some laundry! Green tiles.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Found some late lunch/early dinner at a vegetarian restaurant in Cologne.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Popped in to the Oxfam shop, checked out the secondhand books and tried on this pretty dress. Pulled muscles getting it on; didn't purchase it...


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Australia shop!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Sad bike :(


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
One thing I like about Germany is the BIKE LANES!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
"Chick lit" in German bookstore = awesome.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Grocery shopping. Forgot how much cheaper Germany is than France.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Withdrew some money/geld!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Not feeling very well today so stocked up on vitamins; fresh radishes for dinner - and yes, I finished my book (bought the night before. Oops)


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Back up to my hostel room.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
My washing still wasn't dry. Needed some rest though...


So there we have it! Photos taken during the course of Tuesday, 11 June 2013.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I also pulled a muscle getting into a top today, then I panicked and thought I would have to be cut out of it by the sales girl. Oh and man if you think groceries are expensive in France NEVER come back to Aus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel you! I have to consciously steady my breathing so I don't have a panic attack when trying on tight clothes. Ahhhhh!

      Delete