Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Performance



I know I haven't been the most diligent in filling you in on what's been happening in my life lately (although I do have plans to recommence Wednesday Wrap-ups).

Tonight I take to the stage again for the first time since university (although I guess I did cameo in my school musical, Little Shop of Horrors last year!)

I used to perform plays in French whilst studying physics and language (great combo, huh?) and now that I'm over here in France I find myself performing a play in English!

To suit the chilly, dark days we've been having (it snowed today! Tiny flurries, but it counts!) the director picked a ghost story: The Red Room, by H G Wells. My character is an intrepid young woman (sound familiar?) who is dedicated to spending the night in an allegedly haunted room in an old castle.

I won't spoil the ending for you (you can find the text here) but I am really looking forward to the next two nights! It's only 30 minutes long, but I'm on stage the whole time. Phew!

Time to get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment