Wednesday, December 7, 2011

5 reasons I know I'm on the other side of 25.

I'm starting to realise just how far I've gotten from those crazy days in my early twenties where Tuesdays were the new Fridays and a night out could turn into a 24-hour excursion.

Although I have a lot of fun memories (and a few gaps....) I just don't have the stamina anymore. I realised that last night watching Cold Chisel (yes!) where I managed to fall asleep mid-set multiple times (to be fair, it was past 9.30).


Erté


So! Here are five reasons I know I'm on the other side of 25.


1. I keep a pair of driving gloves in my car and use them whenever I've been parked in the sun and the steering wheel is too hot. Related: economical use of the gearbox and changing into fifth whenever I can.

2. My Christmas wishlist could easily be confused for that of someone a few generations older. On the list?
  • A big mixing bowl
  • Bedsheets
  • Suncream
  • A nice calendar
Rock n' Roll lifestyle, I know.

3. I have a collection of indoor and outdoor potplants that I tend to on a daily basis.



4. My weekend activities have been rather revealing. Last Saturday night I had an early evening music gig then fell asleep after driving home through the countryside. This Saturday night we are hosting another couple for dinner. Again, non-stop Rock n' Roll.

5. Following on from #4, my hobbies at the moment include playing in a community band, reading six or more books per month, and steadily working my way through a new cookbook.



Despite getting on in years (ha!) I am happy with where I'm at right now.
Do you act your age? Are you (un)happy about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment